Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Close Encounter of the MUFON Kind

I am kicking around my thoughts about the MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) meeting I attended last night. My first ever. Held at the lovely Barberton Public Library, meeting room #2. Really enjoyed the presenter’s portion of the talk about his methods of investigation. (Side note: up until the speaker demonstrated how he used Algebra to plot flight paths, and a host of other calculations, I thought I might like to be a field investigator. But I can forget about it. Honestly, I don’t remember Mulder talking about Trig and Algebra. Bite me, Math. Bite me.) Mid-way, the presentation was sort of co-opted by several audience members who wanted to talk for a long time about their close encounters. Like the man says, “I want to believe” but the whole event, in particular the longlonglong audience accounts of lifted nightgowns and gray cigar shaped floaty dealies did nothing to cement my trust. So I was a little bummed about the whole experience this morning but then I got this kick ass I dig your Blog award from Robin.

So hey, here’s how it works. And remember, “Watch the skies!”

I Dig Your Blog Award Protocol:
1 ) Gratefully accept this award.
2 ) Link to the person you received it from. That would be Robin who, seriously, seems to have some freaky kind of magic touch when it comes to helping me resolve Blogger design and template issues.
3 ) Post 3 interesting facts about yourself.
4 ) Pass this award around to at least 5 blogs you dig.
5 ) Notify them

Okay, here are the three things ... interesting, though? Tough call.

A cat once began giving birth on my lap.

As a boy I climbed, as much as I could, inside a dead, beached whale's mouth.

My first job was catching snakes (I think I was about 8) for a science teacher at the University of San Jose. Fifty cents a snake.

I Dig Your Blog Recipients:

Accidental Dong Very influential. Now I see accidental dongs everywhere.

Horror Smorgasbord
Not just another pretty clown face. The place where I get a frequent heads up on new horror releases (especially foreign) that I didn’t even know where out there. Juan of the Dead, for example. This guy must have Hell on speed dial coz he seems to have an insider's connex to all the badass horror movies.


Jonathan's Haunted House of Horror
Plenty of old school horror discussion here. Lately lots of Lon Chaney posts.

Monster Magazine World.
Choice Monster Mag & other goodies blog here. Reminds me, have not yet gone through the old Monster Times issues I bought from eBay recently.

Deadly Doll's House of Horrors She saw Child's Play when she was six. Thank goodness otherwise maybe no blog. Lots of creepy doll stuff but very eclectic.

5 comments:

  1. Hey thanks so much man and thanks for the nice comments of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually collect dongs (DON'T ASK!!!) and also follow accidental dongs. I too see dongs that are not really there, although I'm pretty sure it's because I have a dirty mind and less because the blog influenced me, LOL!

    Crawled inside of a whale's mouth, huh? I think I'd probably do that too if the opportunity presented itself.

    And the magical thing I possess with Blogger is a mystery. My powers are even beyond ME. I must be more careful, lest I actually cause serious damage to the internetz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, Robin. How can I not ask! Are we talking a Bobbit thing? (Heh Heh) Your dirty mind is always welcome here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! No, silly!

    I have all sorts of collectible figurines in the shape of a penis, or have something to do with a penis. For example, I have a candle from the 70's that looks like a wizard or whatever, but is quite phallic. I also have carved and polished crystals of penises. I even have a wooden man in a barrel from the Dominican Republic that when you lift the barrel a huge dong springs out, LOL! I often scan places that sell bachellorette party supplies too, they are a great source.

    I know, I'm a little weird, HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I knew what you meant, but how often do you get a straight line like "I collect dongs" :)
    Had to go there with the Bobbit thing. And I am glad you are a little (a lot?) weird. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete